Thursday, September 08, 2005

Staring Alone at the Moon

Staring Alone at the Moon (06 FEB 1995)

In his eyes there is no sadness
In his eyes there is no joy
In his eyes there are only shadows
As they lower her into the soil

She was the one that he lived for
She was the one that he loved
She was the one he would marry
She was as pure as a dove

Together they’d raise a small family
Together they’d make all their plans
Together they’d laugh and they’d smile
As they walked through the park hand in hand

But time ran by them too quickly
Forever ended too soon
For she sleeps alone in the earth now
And he stares alone at the moon


** This was one of my first poems and probably remains one of my better ones. My mother loved this poem; though I’m not sure why. She had hopes of me becoming a famous writer. I could never make it as a writer. I give into writers block too easily.**

No comments: